Monday, June 16, 2014

Google self driver and suicide!

 

One thing Google has going for them: you won’t be able to commit suicide while driving your self-driven Google vehicle off a cliff.  What will road rage look like? Is this a step toward achieving highway peace, or will it enrage the non-Google drivers to retaliate? Google, I have so many questions and I don’t think Siri can answer them all.  When I was 16 and got my first taste of freedom driving alone, it gave me a feeling of pride and independence.  I don’t feel like I want to take the feeling away from my kids when they reach driving age.   I have to admit it does sound good: the idea of sitting in a vehicle taking me to my destination and, during the trip I can read a paper, talk on the phone or have a snack.

Something about it just seems wrong but like most things….we will adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment