Sunday, May 18, 2014

Twitter #News #Hashtag #People #GetOutside

Back in 2006, I remember receiving a call from a friend that went like this, “Have you heard of Twitter?  Ashton Kutcher is trying to get 1 million followers”.  Who would ever have imagined that today he would have 16.1 million and 8,363 tweets?  So much to say in so few words.  You might be surprised to know that Katy Perry is currently in the lead with 52.9 million followers, which is 11 million more than YouTube. 
Despite the popularity contest, Twitter is now becoming a main source for breaking news.  It was Twitter where I learned about Osama Bin Laden’s death, and the bank robbery in my neighborhood yesterday.  
I don’t believe every tweet, but Twitter does spark my curiosity and interest to find out more.   I find people are turning to Twitter more and more for faster news feeds and popular trends.  
Twitter is fun and has some great things to offer, but remember to connect in person.  Sometimes I think people forget how to carry on a conversation, or even form a sentence that is any longer than 140 characters. 

#getoutside

No comments:

Post a Comment